Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ellen & Andru's Table Runner


Started: Dec. 2012
Completed: Jan. 14, 2013
Size: 16 3/8" x 74"

This table runner was a late wedding present for my niece and her husband (they had two babies before I got around to making this). I just delivered it to them today. The batik fabrics are from The Stitchin' Post (Sisters, OR) and Fabric Depot (Portland). The gold border is from Tea Time Calicos (Beaverton, OR).



I quilted a floral pattern to reflect the pattern in their Lenox china "Floral Fusion"



...and it's reversible. The colors on the front match their dining room and  their "fancy" china but I felt the colors and pattern were a bit too much for the Lenox dishes. I had some batik fabric on hand that was a good match so I pieced that together for the back and added a narrow inner border of purple.

The back with the Lenox dishes
So what now?  I have a few projects yet to be finished, and no known babies or marriages on the horizon, so perhaps I will tackle those next.

4 comments:

  1. Magnificent! How long is this runner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have the dimensions listed at the top of the post.

      Delete
  2. That is a beauty, Susan! Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete