Monday, November 5, 2012

Alexandra's Baby Quilt - November 2011


48" x 60"



With the news that my niece Ellen and her husband Andru would be expecting their first child in January 2012, I had a great excuse to make a baby quilt. 

This required a trip to Fabric Depot so I invited Hiromi to join me. Not only did we find lots of fabric but we both bought brand new sewing machines (of course we got a great deal). It can be dangerous to shop with other addicts.

The quilt top was based on a free online pattern from Hoffman Fabrics (Get Hip and Be Square). My new machine (Janome Horizon Memory Craft 7700) had a longer arm which gave me more room to move the fabric when free motion quilting. I had fun meandering around and incorporated 17 different animals and objects in the quilting design.



kitty
octopus

polka dot backing and binding
"Love Great Aunt Susan - Nov 2011" 


No comments:

Post a Comment